Misiunea Luna is the code name for the first Romanian Rocket to the Moon and maybe back.
The project is part of the Google Lunar Xprize Competition The guys form Aeronautics and Cosmonautics Romanian Association (ARCA) are using a modified Dacia Logan, which is supposed to accelerate form 0 to supersonic galactic speed for a 0.5 sec which is a few times faster than the previous record held by Bulgarian Golf 2 (with Pernik licence plate).See the whole conception in the following video.
Despite that the main objective of Google Lunar Xprize Competition is to safely land a robot on the surface of the Moon, travel 500 meters over the lunar surface, and send images and data back to the Earth , the Romanians are going one step further - they plan to send a whole crew to the moon. Sounds crazy ??? Yeah sounds crazy , but as a leading source for unusual and crazy news (all true of course ) i have the first picture of the Romanian Rocket that is going to be send to the Moon in the very very near future.
This is Dacia Logan Luna Racheta - a custom build Dacia with a 3.5L Renault Atom Engine. It has been fully tested and it is ready for launch. After a big research for the crew were selected two pop singers - Inna and one of the Cheeky Girls (her name is unknown, she is just known as Cheeky girl number one).
Asked by the press - Why those two? ARCA official said "The space environment is harsh and deadly for humans so first we wanted to send some street dogs form Bucharest, but Brigitte Bardot treated us with a lawsuit. This is why we decided to send a crew that could not suffer from any brain damage and in case something goes wrong , nobody but some teenagers would blame us for anything.
Asked about her coming moon experience Inna said " I happy , I want moon, I proud, I steal lot alien wallets, I make pictures, I love u"
I wish all the best to ARCA and I will continue to follow that unbelievable story. :)
...............
* It is supposed to be "prima racheta romaneasca"


No comments:
Post a Comment